Join the ICE Network!
If you are interested in Indigenous clean energy, the ICE Network should be your first stop. The ICE Network uses its online platform to support ongoing connections amongst members and makes it easy to share relevant news, questions, and upcoming events.
Register for a free account today!
The Indigenous Clean Energy Social Enterprise … catalyzing collaboration
The Indigenous Clean Energy (ICE) Social Enterprise is a pan-Canadian not-for-profit platform which advances Indigenous inclusion in Canada’s energy futures economy through Indigenous leadership, and broad-based collaboration with energy companies, utilities, governments, development firms, cleantech innovators, academic sector, and capital markets.
Our Mission is to stimulate collaboration that facilitates leadership by, and meaningful collaboration with, Indigenous peoples in the transition to a clean energy future.
This drives us towards our vision of a collaborative, community-driven clean energy future respects the rights of Indigenous peoples and enriches their communities.
The ICE Social Enterprise achieves impact through a set of dynamic programs:
- 20/20 Catalysts Program – the national clean energy capacity building program for Indigenous individuals from communities and organizations across Canada.
- The ICE Network – a collaborative space for people working to advance Indigenous clean energy projects and Indigenous participation in the clean energy sector.
- The Global Hub – an international initiative to build connections, share learnings, and promote cooperation among Indigenous groups globally.
- Bringing It Home – a national initiative working to foster community-centered ‘Healthy Energy Living’ enabling environments that engrain energy efficiency for new and retrofitted homes and facilities.
- Generation Power – a training and career program for Indigenous youth in the clean energy sector. Generation Power is a holistic, capacity-based program that acknowledges the skills, talent and qualifications of youth and employers.
The ICE Gathering – an intensely interactive annual event focused on how the ICE community takes things deeper to catalyze more Indigenous clean energy impact.
- ImaGENation – a mentorship program that instills Indigenous youth vision and voices in their nations’ energy future through clean energy projects grounded in cultural identity, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support fostered by SevenGen, Indigenous Clean Energy, and Student Energy.
The ICE Social Enterprise is governed by a Board of Directors, along with an Executive & Advisory Council which provides oversight and input to ensure programming brings the maximum benefits to Indigenous peoples.