We are looking for the next member of our program leadership team: a highly-motivated project and program coordinator who can help prepare project proposals, and create comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
This individual will work closely with the Program Managers of the 20/20 Catalysts Program and the ICE Network and will be expected to take on leadership roles in a range of areas including: program coordination, outreach, program delivery, communications, marketing and social media initiatives.
This position requires an individual who has an appetite for taking initiative to get things done and can work independently. Candidates for this position should have exceptional interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants that are located or willing to relocate to Ottawa.
Responsibilities related to Program Coordination:
- Support the design and delivery of the 20/20 Catalysts Program
- Assist with conducting research, compiling, writing, editing and publishing reports;
- Collect and analyze data;
- Prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedules, and budgets;
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to clients;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports;
- Liaise with Indigenous communities, organizations, key partners, as well as, industry associations, private corporations, and clean energy proponents.
Responsibilities related to Communications, Outreach and Marketing for the 20/20 Catalysts Program and the ICE Network.
- Outreach and engage Indigenous organizations, communities, and membership;
- Develop strategies to promote the 20/20 Catalysts Program and the ICE Network and drive traffic to the website;
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and implement them from ideation to execution. The project coordinator will be expected to experiment with a variety of acquisition channels including – content creation, content curation, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, performance analysis, etc;
- Produce valuable and engaging content for the 20/20 Catalysts Program and ICE Network websites, blogs, print marketing; and
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of outreach communications.
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience working with First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities;
- Previous program/project management or coordination experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment;
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to effectively engage, coordinate, and be responsive to clients located in offices across Canada;
- Fully fluent in English (oral and written), and preferably with conversation French language capacity;
- Well-organized, proactive and detail oriented. Selected individual should be able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment; and
- Possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft suite.
About Lumos Energy
Lumos Clean Energy Advisors provides trusted advice to First Nations, Métis and Inuit leaders and communities working on renewable energy projects, as well as, community energy planning processes. We have worked with Indigenous communities on large renewable energy projects in almost every province across the country. Lumos Energy has an extensive portfolio of projects, some of which can be found on our website.
Lumos Energy also leads a program called the 20/20 Catalysts Program – an Indigenous clean energy capacity-building program facilitated by Indigenous leaders, and clean energy mentors across Canada.
Lumos Energy is also initiated a new initiative called the Indigenous Clean Energy (ICE) Network – a collaborative platform promoting Indigenous participation in the clean energy sector.
Submit resume and cover letters to Eryn Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Main Role: Provide key support to 20/20 Catalysts Program and ICE Network efforts.
Start Date: November 6, 2017
Applications Due: October 9, 2017
Send Applications to: email@example.com