We are seeking a highly self-motivated and autonomous team member to assist in the development and delivery of the Indigenous Youth Mentorship Program. This individual will be expected to assist in a range of areas including: program development coordination, outreach, program delivery, communications, and mentor relations as the Youth Mentorship Program Coordinator. This position requires an individual who has an appetite for taking initiative to get things done and can work independently. Candidates for this position should have exceptional interpersonal and writing skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
The Sevengen Council, Indigenous Clean Energy (ICE) Social Enterprise, and Student Energy are collaborating to exploring the potential to leverage our organizations existing capabilities and expertise in capacity-building to develop an Indigenous youth mentorship program for the clean energy economy (with a focus on entrepreneurship). The program will be an essential piece of the clean energy landscape in Canada that nurtures the leadership potential of Indigenous youth to advance a sustainable and equitable energy future.
Our innovative program, developed by Indigenous youth for Indigenous youth, will employ a holistic, strength-based approach that supports Indigenous youth (to affect change in the clean energy economy and beyond). The Indigenous Youth Mentorship Program aims to support multiple youth-led energy projects across Canada with learning, mentorship, elder support and funding for energy projects in community.
- Assist IYMP Manager as point of contact for all youth mentorship programming;
- Work and liaise with the Sevengen Council on vision and direction for the program;
- Coordination and execution of program deliverables according to program plan and timeline;
- Create and maintain comprehensive program documentation, plans, and reports;
- Preparation of program materials and facilitation guides;
- Build relationships with potential youth applicants for the program;
- Present the program to potential partners and participants;
- Produce valuable and engaging content for the program website, blogs, and print marketing;
- Assist in web design and logistics to integrate with the ICE Network;
- Determine best places to market and advertise the program;
- Liaise with Indigenous communities, organizations, key partners, industry associations, private corporations, and clean energy proponents;
- Coordination of program participant selection processes and onboarding activities/materials;
- Coordination and scheduling of project-related skills training sessions and webinars;
- Preparation of clean energy project related templates, educational resources, and documents;
- Coordinate program participants and ensure they have resources necessary to be successful in the IYMP program in leading projects;
- Liaise with the Sevengen Council, Indigenous Clean Energy, and Student Energy to coordinate and curate resources to support youth program participants in their learning and project journeys;
- Coordinate between the Sevengen Summit and the Indigenous Youth Mentorship Program to create a seamless experience for participants in both programs;
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in coordinating programs, logistics or organizer;
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Self-motivated and driven to produce quality results;
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Comfortable liaising with different stakeholders, including individuals in senior positions in communities and/or organizations;
- Fluency in English is essential. Bilingualism is a strong asset;
- Strong interest in community building and inspiring interest in clean energy;
- Previous experience working in youth empowerment and/or youth engagement is an asset
- Previous experience working with First Nation, Métis, and Inuit communities would be an asset;
- Experience with computer programs and applications including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Asana;
- Comfortable coordinating multiple moving projects;
*Please note if you are interested in the coordinator position but do not yet feel you have the skills required we welcome your application. We are willing to train and provide professional development for the right candidate.
Applicants for the Youth Mentorship Program Coordinator must meet eligibility requirements for the position.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee status has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial and territorial legislation and regulations.
Student Energy is an equal opportunity employer. However, First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority. Please self-identify.
Reports to: Indigenous Youth Mentorship Program Manager
Status: Full Time
Management Structure: The Indigenous Youth Mentorship Program (IYMP) is a collaboration between the Sevengen Council, Indigenous Clean Energy, and Student Energy. The position is hosted by Indigenous Clean Energy.
Location: Remote Work with occasional travel to the National Capital Region, Vancouver, BC, and other areas in Canada as required (Post COVID)
Closing Date: Friday, May 7th, 2021 at 5pm PST
Position Start Date: Monday, May 17th, 2021