The Operations Manager will be key part of our management team. They will oversee our office administration and human resources to ensure we are operating effectively, efficiently, and safely. This oversight includes a working with our Finance Officer and Bookkeeper to ensure ICE’s budgets and financial systems are on track. The Operations Manager will also work with the Executive Director to ensure our Board and Advisory Council have the supports they need to effectively guide our organization. The Operations Manager will help ICE run smoothly on a day-to-day.
The Operations Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve operational systems and address operational issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational and human resource policies, procedures, and records.
- Work under the direction of the Executive Director to coordinate the meetings and activities of the Board of Directors and Advisory Council
- Coordinate human resource processes including hiring, onboarding, and training.
- Oversee organizational budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Support staff communication including hearing and resolving employee grievances.
- Ensure all staff have necessary office equipment and software to support them in fulfilling their roles.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees,
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements.
- Inform important policy, planning, and strategy decisions for the organization.
- Other related duties as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Operations Management and/or
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, or Business Management (or related field).
- Proficiency in English writing, editing, and speaking is essential.
- Proactive mindset with a willingness to step up and solve problems.
- Passionate about organizational development and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capabilities with financial management.
- Experience with compute programs and applications including Microsift Office, Sharepoint, MS Teams, and ASANA.
- Experience supporting a Board of Directors.
- Fluency in English is essential. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
Location: Remote Work with occasional travel to the National Capital Region (post COVID)
Closing Date: October 5, 2020 at 4pm EDT
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICE is an equal opportunity employer. However, First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority. Please self-identify.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.