We are looking for an organized logistics coordinator that will be responsible for coordinating all on-site logistics for the 20/20 Catalysts Program. This individual will work closely with the Program Manager of the Program, and will work on a range of activities including: program planning and coordination, on-site logistics, travel bookings, and outreach initiatives.
This position requires an individual who has an appetite for taking initiative to get things done and can work independently. Candidates for this position should have exceptional interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Selected candidate must be located, or willing to relocate, to Ottawa. The candidate must also be willing to travel to each on-site session in New Brunswick, Alberta and Quebec during May – July 2017. Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants.
- On-site event planning, design and production wile managing all project delivery elements within timelines.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as setup, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee lists, special guests, and on-site equipment.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event days.
- Book travel for program staff, participants and mentors.
- Liaise with Indigenous communities, organizations, key partners, as well as, industry associations, private corporations, and clean energy proponents.
Experience & Skills
- Proven experience as an event or logistics planner or organizer.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Well-organized, proactive and detail oriented. Selected individual should be able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Previous experience working with First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities would be an asset;
- Possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft suite.
The 20/20 Catalysts Program is an Indigenous clean energy capacity-building program facilitated by Indigenous leaders, and clean energy practitioners across Canada. The interactive three-month program will run May- July (May 7-12 in New Brunswick, June 11-16 in Alberta, and July 16-21 in Quebec) this year.
Send your resume and cover letter to Eryn Stewart (email@example.com)
Application Due: March 16, 2017
Contract Dates: March 20, 2017 – July 28, 2017
Main Duties: Booking travel, managing events and invitations, national event planning.
Submit Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org