The Communications Manager will play a leading role in the development and implementation of ICE’s communications strategy including reports and social media. The Communications Manager will bring expertise in writing, editing, design and distribution of ICE’s communications collateral, ensuring cohesive branding across all mediums. They will be responsible for creating social media content, monitoring media for relevant items to share with our networks, and support our communications needs to internal and external partners. The Communications Manager will also assist in the development and timely delivery of initiatives that support ICE in its communications, public relations and messaging strategies.
The Communications Manager is involved in the development and implementation of ICE’s digital messaging related to advocacy, political messaging, and brand integrity.
- Work with the Director to develop and execute the ICE Communications strategy;
- Write, edit, and design ICE communications collateral including reports, brochures, etc.;
- Manage ICE’s social media presence including creating and sharing content;
- Support the development and placement of ICE communications/articles in major news media;
- Amplify ICE messaging through strategic media outreach, collaboration with partner organizations, and social media;
- Monitor media and all content relating to the issues and policies within ICE’s advocacy – domestic and international;
- Maintain branding consistency across ICE communications;
- Assist in the development of digital storytelling tools (i.e. Instagram, podcasting, etc.);
- Lead the production of the ICE Annual Report to communicate the impact of our programs and the communities we work with;
- Other related duties as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or equivalent media industry experience; and/or
- Minimum two years experience in communications managing social media platforms and developing content for multiple platforms;
- Experience in journalistic principles, grammar and communications guidelines;
- Strong understanding of best practices for communications and social media messaging;
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills in both plain language ;
- Competent in graphic design using tools ranging from Microsoft Office to Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with other communications mediums (video, podcasts, etc.) considered an asset;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work effectively under pressure;
- High attention to detail;
- Fluency in English is essential. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
- Ability to work with a team;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take directions and work independently;
- Effective critical / analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make decisions within the area, often on short notice; and
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changes;
Location: Remote Work with occasional travel to the National Capital Region (post COVID)
Closing Date: October 5, 2020 at 4pm EDT
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
ICE is an equal opportunity employer. However, First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority. Please self-identify.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.