The Indigenous Off-Diesel Initiative (IODI) aims to support remote Indigenous communities in developing and implementing ambitious plans to reduce diesel use for heat and power. Over three years, the Indigenous Off-Diesel Initiative has supported Indigenous Clean Energy Champions and their communities with tailored clean energy training, access to expertise and financial resources to develop and start implementing an ambitious diesel reduction plan.
The Indigenous Clean Energy (ICE) Social Enterprise is the lead capacity-building institution providing training and support resources to energy champions and their communities participating in this program. ICE is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the ongoing mentorship and support services for this initiative. The Program Coordinator will support the development of tools and resources, carry out research to support the IODI initiative, and build a meaningful relationship with Indigenous community champions to support them with their project endeavours. The position is offered as a 3-month remote contract, with the possibility of extension.
- Develop content for the quarterly newsletter
- Support the creation of templates for tools and resources for the IODI participants
- Support the development of posts for the ICE Network about tools and resources available for IODI participants
- Support the development of IODI webinars which take place during the work term
- Support the maintenance of the ICE Mentor Database
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate, develop and manage good working relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and web tools;
- Previous experience working with First Nation, Métis and Inuit communities would be an asset;
- Resourceful, dependable and creative;
- Able to take initiatives and work with minimal supervision in a small office environment/remote;
- Very strong communicator;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills;
- Flexibility to work extended hours on occasion.
COMPANY BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The Indigenous Clean Energy Social Enterprise (ICE) is a pan-Canadian not-for-profit platform which advances Indigenous inclusion in Canada’s energy futures economy through Indigenous leadership, and broad-based collaboration with energy companies, utilities, governments, development firms, cleantech innovators, academic sector, and capital markets.
Our Mission is to stimulate collaboration that facilitates leadership by, and meaningful collaboration with, Indigenous Peoples in the transition to a clean energy future.
This drives us towards our vision of a collaborative, community-driven clean energy future that respects the rights of Indigenous Peoples and enriches their communities.
The Indigenous Clean Energy Social Enterprise … catalyzing collaboration.
The ICE Social Enterprise is guided by an Indigenous Advisory Council which provides oversight and input to ensure programming brings the maximum benefits for Indigenous Peoples.