The Creative Content Assistant is an extremely valued position at ICE. We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual who can take our online presence to the next level! We are seeking an individual with proven social media and graphic design skills to spearhead our online platforms – to propose, develop, and implement engagement activities and content. This is currently a contract position however it could potentially lead to long-term employment at ICE.
- Develop and coordinate a scheduled communications campaign for all social channels;
- Update the ICE website on an ongoing basis;
- Create and distribute press releases and seek earned media opportunities;
- Build relationships with press and media outlets to set up digital press conferences and other coverage for the organization;
- Develop a suite of marketing collateral for ICE programs including, but not limited to: creating video vignettes, landing pages, press mentions/clip file, testimonials & reviews, infographics, IG & Facebook story templates, CTA’s, text overlays, gifs, and brand-conscious designs;
- Develop video animations, Vox pops, and other ICE promotions on an as–needed basis;
- Monitor and report on effectiveness & insights of outreach communications;
- Interview alumni of the 20/20 Catalysts Program and write “Catalysts in Action” blog posts;
- Create promotional material for the upcoming ICE Gathering on October 21-22nd, 2020;
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Skills
- Experience using Adobe InDesign and other Adobe suites;
- Experience with creating digital content, video editing and conducting interviews would be an asset;
- Experience with dynamic web development;
- Candidate must be extremely self-motivated and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Enthusiastic, quick learner who can apply their skills to learn how to work within existing web environment;
- Creative and proactive problem solver;
- Experience building online communities;
- Strong communication skills for writing and editing engaging content;
- High level of understanding of user experience design;
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and creating culturally-relevant materials;
- Able to provide effective community support and engage members in sharing their own content.
The Creative Content Assistant is a fixed term hire and will receive $17/per hour CAD and work full-time up to 37.5 hours per week between May 11th, 2020 and August 28th, 2020 with the possibility of an extension. This position is completely remote. You must provide your own laptop for this position and have access to reliable internet.