A first-of-its-kind capacity development initiative, the 20/20 Catalysts Program is delivered by Indigenous community and technical mentors experienced and knowledgeable in communities transitioning to clean and renewable energy. Research shows mentor-based learning is effective for personal and professional growth. The Program utilizes experiential clean energy learning including, energy efficiency and conservation, clean energy policy development, electric vehicle and clean energy infrastructure, advanced energy systems and large renewable energy projects.
The Program is designed to be flexible to accommodate each participant & community’s needs. The on-site intensive sessions cover the spectrum of clean energy, and the supplemental Learning-into-Practice activities between sessions are when Catalysts apply knowledge and skills gained to benefit their projects and communities. Throughout the program, Catalysts are supported by peers, mentors, ICE staff and through the ICE Network.
There is no cost to the applicant or community, but the applicant must commit to virtual and on-site learning- including three, one-week on-site intensives situated across Canada and mandatory webinars before, and between each on-site.
The 20/20 Catalysts Program focuses on five Energy Skills Categories. Each category is broken down into 4-5 key session topics.
- Community Education & Clean Energy Engagement
- Land and Environmental Assessments
- Project Reporting & Accountability
- Community Energy Planning
- Long-Term Economic Development Planning
- Project Site Management and Control
- Procurement of Indigenous Services: Construction & Operations
- Starting Indigenous-owned and led companies and working with stakeholders
- Human Resource Skills & Training
- Enchancing Operations
- Local & Regional Employment Strategies
- Apprenticeships & Mentoring
- Equity Financing Options & Structuring
- Financing Terms & Conditions
- Banking & Investment Management
- Financial Risks Reduction
- Community Trusts & Structuring of Clean Energy Holdings/Assets
- Financing Management & Transparency
- Investment Strategies & Options
- On-Going Project Operations and Maintenance