Are you a Catalyst?
Catalysts come from a range of roles. In the past there have been economic development officers, councillors, executive directors, business owners, students, housing inspectors, and more. What they shared, and what makes them Catalysts, is a motivation to use clean energy initiatives to create positive change in their communities.
We strongly encourage any Indigenous individuals who share this motivation to apply. When assessing applicants, priority will be given to those who have:
- Support – received support from their community and/or a clean energy proponent to come to the 20/20 Catalysts Program.
- A Project – are actively engaged in a clean energy project (i.e. considering a project, entering into a partnership, end of the feasibility stage of development, beginning or in project construction, or in the final implementation stages).
The 20/20 Catalyst Program is not a passive experience. We expect Catalysts to actively engage in the Program activities and bring the skills and knowledge they gain back to their community. There is also a significant time commitment that must be made. Over the three months of the Program, Catalysts must participate in:
- 3 - Week-long On-site Intensive Sessions;
- 9 - One-on-one coaching and/mentoring sessions;
- 6 - Online webinar sessions;
- 3 - Weekly Summaries; and
- The completion and submission of a Catalyst Action Project.
We understand that issues do arise and we will work with Catalysts through any challenges they face and make alternate arrangements where needed.
We accept 20 participants per year into the Program. Individuals who apply and are selected, may receive early acceptance to the Program by January 2019. Applications close, March 15, 2019. All successful applicants will be contacted by April 1, 2019
We encourage everyone interested to apply.
We realize that making a decision to apply can be a big one. In order to help you make your decision, we are happy to talk with you about any concerns you may have. Email Ian Scholten, Catalyst Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.